Nominations for the Solar Power Portal and Energy-Storage.News Awards 2018 are now open, and among this year’s brand new categories is our Transaction of the Year award.
Replacing the Financial Innovation of the Year award, the Transaction category has been designed to reflect how increasingly transactive the UK’s renewables market is. Covering movements in the market such a project acquisition, refinancing, debt/equity raising and M&A activity, we want to hear from the country’s biggest movers and shakers.
To be eligible for this award all transactions will have been completed after 7 June 2017, and nominations should include details of exactly what differentiates your particular transaction from the rest.
Last year’s winner
While the Transaction of the Year category is new for this year, in 2017 we did honour Financial Innovations. Last year’s Financial Innovation award was scooped by Trine for its use of crowdfunding platforms to help raise finance for solar in emerging markets and, commonly, installs to help rural communities.
This year nominations will remain open until midnight 31 May 2018 before a three-week judging process takes place.
Registration and the nominations process is simple and takes a few minutes of your time. Follow our simple guide below to walk you through the process.
How to Enter – 5 Easy Steps
- Firstly, create a profile by accessing this page of the SPP Awards 2018 microsite
- Once registered, log in where prompted to bring you to the submission area
- Click ‘Submit Your Nomination’ in the navigation bar, followed by ‘add new’
- Select your required category from the drop down box, and go through the process by following the simple steps
- You can add the names of associated applicants and save a submission to be continued later. Once complete, click ‘save and submit’