Clenergy has introduced its new PV-ezRack Trapezoidal to the UK solar market. It is designed to be a simple and cost-effective industrial roof mounting system. PV-ezRack Trapezoidal is a roof mounting solution suitable for all trapezoid metal sheet roofing. The whole system contains only 4 components including the innovative z-modules as part of Clenergy’s module clamps for easy and very fast installation offering the most advantageous and cost-effective solution for trapezoidal sheet roofing made of steel or aluminium.
Clenergy have designed a special U-Profile which eliminates the need for rail and is stitched to the trapezoidal sheet via specially selected Tek screw, two or three screws are used per profile dependant on wind uplift. Tek screw work by binding into the trapezoidal sheet as they are inserted, the binding and self-drilling action creates resistance so it is critical they are not over tightened and that they are designed for the thickness of the trapezoidal sheet where they are deployed. Clenergy therefore offer an option between two types of screw selected from two leading fastening manufacturers SFS and Ejot, the choice between the two screws is vital to gain maximum performance,.
With trapezoidal sheets of between 0.4mm to 0.63mm thickness Clenergy supply the sharp point Ejot JF3 screw which has been newly developed. This is a specially designed close threaded screw is for thinner top sheets such as that for composite roof panels which are generally only 0.5mm thick. For trapezoidal sheets over 0.63mm Clenery supply a self-drilling SFS SDK2 stitching screw. 0.7mm or greater is normal for single skin and built up roof systems. One of the advantages of the SDK2 screw is it has a small square drive pin that breaks away when reaching a predetermined level, in other words it cannot be overdriven.
Features and benefits
Easy and fast Installation
Short mounting times of only two minutes per module is achieved as only four different components are used per module fixing:
- U-Profile base; lightweight and replacing the need for rails.
- Stainless steel self-drilling screws; no pilot hole or fixing template required.
- Clenergy’s standard End and Intermediate clamps; using our unique z module for fast module mounting.
- Lightweight space saving design
Optimum multi-purpose design
- 20mm base makes it suitable for all trapezoidal profiles.
- Suitable for top sheets of 0.4mm to 1.5mm.
- Suitable for composite, built up and single skin industrial roof designs.
- Suitable for the high wind uplift associated in particular with low pitch roofs.
- Suitable for all module heights from 28mm to 57mm
- 32mm high of optimum cooling of modules.
Components are anodized aluminium, aluminium or stainless steel to prevent corrosion and ensure long term effectiveness. Clenergy provides a 10-year product warranty.
Clenergy’s new roof mounting system - PV-ezRack Trapezoidal – will be available at the end of July. For more information visit http://www.clenergy.uk.com/.